Let's start with making delicious South-East Asian Peanut Chicken Satay Skewers. This is a quick, healthy and authentic Asian dish that absolutely anyone can make at home. It is impossible not to love the sweet and salty peanut coating on fresh, succulent chicken. This dish is perfect for so many occasions, a home date with your partner, a comfort meal for yourself, or a party dish for your group of friends (but no more than 6 😉).
Bamboo Skewers. See our collection of 6, 7, 8 and 10 inch skewers here.
Coconut Milk (60ml). Explore of delicious range of coconut milk here.
Soy Sauce (2 tablespoons). Click to see our range of premium soy sauce.
Chicken 900g. Skinless and boneless chicken thighs, carefully cut into 1-inch pieces
Garlic (3 cloves minced). See our fresh, quality garlic here.
Ginger (1 tablespoon): Check out our fresh ginger here.
Yellow Curry Powder (2.5 tablespoons)
Turmeric (1.5 tablespoons)
Brown Sugar (1 tablespoon): See our range of brown sugar here.
Fish Sauce (1 tablespoon): See our collection of fish sauce here.
Canola Oil (1 tablespoon)
Salt & Black Pepper: See our salt and pepper seasoning here.
INGREDIENTS FOR PEANUT SAUCE
Peanut Butter (3 tablespoons): Get our premium Skippy Peanut Butter here.
Soy Sauce (1 tablespoon): Click to see our range of premium soy sauce.
1. First it's time to make our peanut sauce! Add the brown sugar, chilli garlic sauce, ginger, lime juice, peanut butter and soy sauce to a bowl and whisk them all together. Add 2-3 tablespoons of water and whisk the mixture until you achieve a desired consistency. Then set aside.
2. Now it is time to make our chicken satay skewers! Add brown sugar, coconut milk, yellow curry powder, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and turmeric to a bowl.
3. Place chicken and coconut milk mixture into a large bowl and marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours, turning the bag on occasion. Can leave to marinate overnight for more flavour!
4. After marination, drain the chicken from the marination and discard the marinade.
5. Preheat your grill to a medium-high temperature. Skewer the chicken with your bamboo skewers. Brush the chicken with your canola oil, and season with your salt and black pepper.
6. Add chicken skewers to grill, turning occasionally until the chicken is cooked through, reaching an internal heat of 75°C, approx 12-15 minutes cooking time.
7. Finally, serve with peanut sauce and enjoy!