Nasi Goreng is a delicious and popular Indonesian fried rice dish served with a fried egg for a protein boost. This is a simple recipe with simple ingredients. The key ingredient here is the Kecap Manis, a sweet soy sauce available in on our online store. Feel free to swap the chicken out for other meats and fish such as shirmp/prawns, tofu, beef or pork.
Nasi Goreng is just rice, meat, onions and egg. The thing which sets Nasi Goreng apart from other fried rice dishes is the sauce it is made from - Kecap Manis. Kecap Manis is a sweet soy sauce that caramelises the rice when it cooks and makes the rice a beautiful dark brown colour.
Typically the dish is served with a fried egg, fresh cucumber and tomato (no dressing).
1. Heat oil in a large pan or wok over a high heat.
2. Add the chilli & garlic and stir for 10 seconds.
3. Add onions and cook for 1 minutes.
4. Add your chicken or other meat, and cook until the meat is cooked. Add 1 tablespoon of Kecap Manis sauce and cook for a further 1 minute or until the meat is cooked and a bit caramelised.
5. Add your rice, 2 tablespoons of Kecap Manis and shrimp paste. Cook and stir for 2 minutes until the sauce reduces down. Rice grains will start to caramelise which is key for the flavour.
6. Serve the dish, garnished with garnishes of choice (green onions, red chilli, fried shallots).
Don't miss out on a deal! Register today!
© 2021 Tuk Tuk Mart.