Vegetarian Kimchi Jjigae Recipe
What you’ll need:
Firm tofu, cubed
Shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
Yellow onion, thinly sliced
Spring onion, thinly sliced
Korean chilli flakes or powder
Korean chilli paste (gochujang)
Soy sauce, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
The Tuk Tuk Method:
- Heat a medium sized pot with cooking oil.
- Add all the ingredients except for tofu and spring onions (kimchi, mushrooms, onions, garlic, chilli powder, chilli paste, soy sauce, ground black pepper and water).
- Cook over medium high heat, until the kimchi is softened.
- Gently bring to boil and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Then reduce back to medium heat and boil with the pot covered.
- Gently mix the soup together, making sure the ingredients are mixed well.
- Add the tofu until it’s cooked through for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with spring onions on top.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
Tuk Tuk Mart Favourite Vegetarian Collections Visit Now &
Explore our Vegan favourites here at Tuk Tuk Mart!